Established by the Sorensen family to honour the legacy of their son, Thomas Sorensen, who was a student at Carleton from 2013-2014. Thomas had big dreams, was a true advocate for persons with disabilities and devoted countless hours volunteering and fundraising for various charitable organizations. He would never turn down an opportunity to educate anyone who was willing to listen.
Number Available: 1
Applications Open: May 1st
Deadline: August 31st Annually
Student must attend Carleton University and be registered with PMC.
- Canadian citizen
- Documented permanent disability
- Registered with the PMC
- Enrolled in first year or continuing from one year to another
- Good academic standing
- Passionate about advocating for disabilities. Volunteers or fundraises for organizations that help persons with disabilities
- Complete the application form;
- Submit a short essay describing who you are, what you are studying and how you plan to carry out the legacy of Thomas Sorensen (no specific length is required but applicants are encouraged to provide photos of their involvement in these types of activities);
- Provide one letter of reference;
- Return application and supporting documents to the address provided on the application no later than the application deadline.
To access the application click here
To view, other PMC Awards click here
Please direct any questions to The Paul Menton Centre, firstname.lastname@example.org.