The SaskPower Award in Electronic Systems Engineering is a non-renewable scholarship available to disabled students continuing their undergraduate program at the University of Regina.
Number Available: 1
Deadline: October 1st, 2019 [2020-2021 information currently unavailable], But if the trend continues then the deadline for the 2020 year should be October 1st 2020.
Recipients of this award may have the opportunity to interview for potential work term placements or employment opportunities with SaskPower and consent to have their contact information shared with SaskPower for potential recruitment purposes.
The award will be presented to a University of Regina undergraduate student who meets the following criteria:
- Enrolled in the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science, majoring in Electronic Systems Engineering
- Registered and remains registered in a minimum of 9 credit hours in the semester the award is presented
- Minimum Undergraduate Grade Point Average (UGPA) of 70%
- Successfully completed a minimum of 23 credit hours
Preference will be given to students who self-declare as belonging to a diversity group, defined as Aboriginal, female, students with a disability, and/or visible minorities.
Some Things To Note:
- If you are a student with Disability, Female or Aboriginal you will be given preference meaning you get moved to the top of the list/picking order, But you must provide information about your self-identification as part of one or more of the aforementioned diversity groups.
- You don’t need to disclose financial situation for this award. Since it is not financial based.
- A hopeful source for the 2020 school year for this award can be found here. Yet since it is not the the official university of Regina website this is only speculation and or a peak at what the new school year may look like.
- It doesn’t matter if you are a full time student or part-time student this award is for all.
- Since this award is for everyone if you are a Single parent, Mature student or if you Travel you are eligible.
How to Apply
To View the SaskPower Award in Electronic Systems Engineering page click: Here
You must log into SAMS as a registered user to apply for awards. Once you are logged in, you can apply using the online application by selecting “Apply for Award” from the “Other Actions” box in the top right corner of each award page. Students are strongly encouraged to apply using the online application in SAMS. However, paper applications are available on the SAFA website.
If you are dropping off or sending correspondence by courier (e.g. FedEx, UPS), please address your items to:
University of Regina
Administration Humanities 108
3737 Wascana Parkway
Regina SK S4S 0A2
University of Regina Student Awards and Financial Aid:
Phone (Toll-free): 1-800-644-4756
Phone (In Regina): 306-585-4591
SAFA Website: https://www.uregina.ca/safa/index.html
All information was gathered through the SAMS portal through the guest login.
Other University of Regina scholarships:
- 35 Lions Club of Regina Scholarship
- Against the Odds: Faculty of Nursing Deans Award
- Barbara Byers Bursary in Social Work
- David Ryson Accessibility and Inclusion Award
- Dr. Douglas and Patricia Vandenberghe Scholarship
- FCC Student Ambassador Award
- Garth Edward Usick Memorial Bursary
- Garth Garver Memorial Award
- Jim & Elizabeth Ottley Award
- SaskPower Award in Business Administration
- SaskPower Award in Chemistry
- SaskPower Award in Environmental Systems Engineering
- SaskPower Award in Industrial Systems Engineering
- Timmons Mason Endowment
- University of Regina Celebration Award