The Sabrina Shannon Memorial Award is dedicated to the life of Sabrina Shannon, an inspiring teenager who suffered a fatal anaphylactic reaction in 2003. In 2005, Sabrina’s Law was passed in Ontario, providing landmark legislation that has influenced policy across Canada and the United States.
This award is awarded through Food Allergy Canada with support from TD securities
Number Available: 2
Deadline: June 22nd, 2018
- Canadian resident under the age of 25
- Enrolled at a post-secondary institution (i.e. entering first year of studies or continuing in current program
- Student has made exceptional contributions to raising food allergy awareness in their own community.
- Applicants do not need to have food allergies to be eligible for the award
- Past recipients of this award and children of Food Allergy Canada staff, board members, or consultants are not eligible
How to Apply
- A completed application form
- A 500-1500 word essay describing your efforts to raise awareness and educate others about life-threatening allergies
- Contact information for two references
Please send your application to Food Allergy Canada (if using email, write “Award Application” in the subject line).
Food Allergy Canada
505 Consumers Road, Suite 507
Toronto, ON M2J 4V8