This scholarship was created to honour the memory of Michael Kamin Hart, who was a vibrant, intelligent and compassionate young man who was completing his Masters degree in Biochemistry at the Michael G. DeGroote Institute for Infectious Disease Research at McMaster University. In his memory, the Michael Kamin Hart Scholarship recognizes other young people who are pursuing their studies while dealing with the effects of cancer.
The scholarship supports students who are between the ages of 17 – 39 who have or have had cancer. The Scholarship will support post-secondary academic endeavours and will take into account the personal achievements and triumphs of students. The $1,000 Michael Kamin Hart Scholarship is a one-time award for full-time students in a college or university program in Ontario, Canada. Students may be in any year of their studies provided that they are enrolled for school for the upcoming Fall semester.
Number Available: 1
Deadline: June 11th, 2018
The Michael Kamin Hart Scholarship ($1,000 each) is open to students who:
- Are between the ages of 18-39
- Are currently attending or will be attending a university or college program in Ontario for the upcoming Fall semester. Confirmation of enrolment as a full-time student is required.
- Are in any year of their studies.
- Are a resident of and currently reside in Ontario.
- Have undergone treatment or are currently being treated for cancer.
How to Apply
The following documents are required to be submitted with each scholarship application:
- Completed application form.
- Statement from a member of your health care team confirming that you were treated (or are currently receiving treatment) for cancer.
- 300-500 word letter describing your personal life experience, your future goals, and why you are applying for this scholarship. Please include any details that you feel are relevant.
- Letter of acceptance from the Canadian post-secondary institution you will be attending in the Fall semester.
For more information about the Michael Kamin Hart Scholarship, please email email@example.com or visit the AYA website.