The Making a Difference Award is available to a student in Ontario at Carleton University with a documented permanent physical disability entering a program of study within the Faculty of Engineering, the Faculty of Science, the Arthur Kroeger College of Public Affairs or in a program in Accounting.
Number Available: 4
Deadline: August 31st 2020
To be considered we ask recipients to demonstrate leadership, academic excellence and be committed to making a difference in their larger communities. Preference will be given to those students who are in need of financial aid. This award may be continued for three consecutive years of undergraduate study provided the recipient maintains full-time enrollment in an undergraduate degree program and upholds good academic standing. In addition the recipient needs to continue to demonstrate a financial need. If the award is lost in one year, it sadly cannot be regained in subsequent years.
Big Thanks to Daryl Rock who established this award in 2019.
- Students with a documented permanent physical disability registered with PMC (Paul Menton Centre)
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada (landed immigrant or a protected person)
- Preference will be given to students with demonstrated financial need
- Full-time enrollment
- Demonstrated academic promise and leadership in making a difference in their community
- Students entering first-year of an undergraduate degree program in the Faculty of Engineering, the Faculty of Science, the Arthur Kroeger College of Public Affairs or in a program in Accounting.
How to Apply
- Provide one letter of recommendation
- Please complete all five sections of the application form
- Return by August 31 2020 to: Paul Menton Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find the 2020/2021 form: Here
501 University Center Carleton University 1125 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa, ON, K1S 5B6
Phone: (613) 520-6608
Fax: (613) 520-3995
See other Ontario scholarships