The Joyce Family Foundation was created by Canadian entrepreneur Ronald V. Joyce, best known as the legendary Canadian entrepreneur who, in 1964, invested in the first Tim Hortons donut shop in Hamilton, Ontario. Joyce went on to grow the business into one of the most successful food service chains in the world. The Foundation’s primary focus is to provide access to education for children and youth with significant financial need or facing other socio-economic barriers to success.
Number Available: 4
Deadline: June 15th, 2018
In order to be considered eligible for any of the above scholarships, students should have a high degree of motivation and independence, and should be able to demonstrate a reasonable level of personal achievement. Students must be:
- Blind or partially sighted (less than 20/70 corrected vision)
- A secondary school graduate entering post-secondary education;
- A Canadian citizen or have held landed immigrant status for one year prior to the date of application
How to Apply
Students who submit an application are automatically entered into competition for all CNIB Scholarships. Each applicant must submit only one completed application form to be considered for all available scholarships. Recipients will be determined by the CNIB Scholarship Selection Committee in accordance with its application procedures.
Along with a completed application form, applicants must also submit:
- Proof of secondary education completion (interim);
- At least two letters of reference from a teacher/school official/volunteer supervisor;
- Letter of acceptance from an accredited postsecondary institution, college or university;
- An essay of not more than two pages on the topic “Please tell us how this scholarship will change what it means to be blind for you in your education?” (max 1000 words);
- An eye report (not older than one year)
- Interim transcript
- List other sources of funding, if any.
Please note that we receive a very large number of applications and are unable to acknowledge receipt of individual submissions. Only successful candidates will be contacted to be notified of results.
If you have any questions, email Shampa Bose at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-486-2500, ext. 7622.
Other CNIB Scholarships:
- CNIB’s Master’s Scholarships
- Nalini Perera Little Lotus Bud Master’s Scholarship
- Bernice and Robert Gilbert Fund
- FJL Woodcock SAPA Scholarships
- CNIB’s General Scholarships
- Dr. John and Olive Pyper Scholarship
- Barney Danson Scholarship
- CNIB Sense Scholarship