The Holly Bartlett Bursary is being offered to encourage full access to post-secondary education for persons with disabilities who often have greater barriers to participation in higher education and extra costs because of their disabilities. Students must be registered in a post-secondary institution and provide documented proof of registration. The award will be offered to outstanding applicants, who meet the criteria of the program. The awards will be paid directly to the post-secondary institution (in the students accounts) that the recipients are attending to defray the cost of tuition fees for post-secondary study.
Deadline: June 30th 2022
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada
- Applicants must have a permanent disability*
- Applicants must be currently registered in and returning to a full-time program of study at an accredited Canadian post-secondary college or university. Full-time status is at least 40% of a full course load.
*For the purpose of these awards, a permanent disability is a permanent functional limitation that affects the ability of the student to participate fully in post-secondary education.
- Strong commitment to your academic discipline
- Exemplary record of volunteerism and/or employment
- Demonstrated potential to be an outstanding participant in the community
- Click here for application and more information
Value and number available
- One bursary of $1,000 per academic year.
Once your application has been submitted, it will be reviewed for completeness and adherence to the above guidelines. Assuming all guidelines are met, committees review applications based on the selection criteria mentioned above.
Due to the volume of applications received, only those selected to receive an award will be contacted. Recipients will be contacted by August 1.