The GRAGOPEAN Scholarship Trust is available to post-secondary students in British Columbia with spinal cord injuries.
Number available: varies
Deadline: May 13, 2022
Offered by Spinal Cord Injury BC (SCI BC), in partnership with the Vancouver Foundation.
The GRAGOPEAN SCHOLARHSIP TRUST was established by anonymous donors to promote the advancement of education of persons in BC with a spinal cord injury.
Successful GRAGOPEAN Scholarship Trust applicants may also be eligible for supplemental awards to assist with other expenses to directly and indirectly support their education. These expenses may include costs for housing (residence or campus proximity) and transportation to/from school, expenses for attendant care and note-taking while in class or during study sessions, etc.
- Students who have a spinal cord injury*
- Attending or are going to attend studies or career training at a recognized university, college, or training centre in British Columbia
- Preference will be given to individuals born in British Columbia
- Preference will be given to individuals who are between the ages of 18 and 25 years at the time of application
- Preference will also be given to students applying for a renewal of their funding
*Spinal cord injury includes those arising from traumatic and non-traumatic causes. Traumatic causes of spinal cord injury include those from falls, accidents, sporting injuries, wounds, etc. Non-traumatic causes of spinal cord injury include those arising from viral or bacterial infections, cancer, spinal stroke, or developmental or congenital conditions (for example, spina bifida). Spinal Cord Injury BC reserves the right to require medical confirmation from a physician with respect to the applicant’s disability.
How to Apply
- Use the 2022 GRAGOPEAN Scholarship Trust Application Form
- Applications can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail via the following address:
GRAGOPEAN SCHOLARSHIP TRUST
c/o Spinal Cord Injury BC
780 SW Marine Drive, Vancouver, BC V6P 5Y7
- Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all necessary documentation, such as letters of reference and transcripts are received by the GRAGOPEAN Scholarship Trust Committee prior to the deadline
- Included in the submission;
- Completed application form (renewal applicants need only provide any program or contact updates, as well as upcoming financial requirements)
- Letter of reference from an educator or employer (new applications only)
- All applicants must arrange for an official transcript to be mailed to the Scholarship Committee at 780 SW Marine Drive, Vancouver BC V6P 5Y7
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Please write N/A if a question is not applicable, do not leave it blank
- Official transcripts can be submitted later than the deadline, to be mailed to the Scholarship Committee as soon as available
- Included within the 2022 GRAGOPEAN Scholarship Trust Application Form is a Supplemental Award Application.
- Eligible expenses that will be considered include tuition, textbooks or similar learning aids and supplemental awards may support housing, transportation or other costs related to your disability.
- Supplemental award applications will only be considered once all other available sources of funding has been accessed.
Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified in writing of the committee’s decision within eight weeks following the application deadline. A cheque will be mailed to successful award recipients or their educational institution, as appropriate.
Any information not clarified in the application form can be obtained by calling 1-800-689-2477 or by emailing email@example.com.
General email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spinal Cord Injury BC Scholarships
- British Columbia scholarships
- scholarships for physical disabilities
- scholarships for mobility impairments
- scholarships for all disabilities
Last Updated: 2022-08-08