The Garth Garver Memorial Award is a non-renewable award for students continuing their undergraduate program at the University of Regina.
Number Available: $1300
Deadline: October 1st, 2019 [2020-2021 information currently unavailable]
The award will be presented to a University of Regina, undergraduate student who meets the following criteria:
- Enrolled in any degree program
- Minimum undergraduate grade point average (UGPA) of 65%
- Successfully completed minimum of 12 credit hours at the University of Regina
- Registered and remains registered in a minimum of 6 credit hours in the semester the award is presented
- Registered with the Centre for Student Accessibility
- You must demonstrated financial need
Some things you should know
- Preference will be given to students who have mobility issues
- Applicants must submit a written statement, not to exceed 500 words, highlighting why they should be considered for the award based on the desires, challenges, and difficulties of pursuing a post-secondary education.
- You can be in any field of study
- You can be in any year of education
- It doesn’t matter if you are a part-time student, full-time student
- it doesn’t matter if you are male, female, in athletics, indigenous, single parent, mature student, if you travel or a Canadian Citizen.
- You need to have a disability
How to Apply
You must log into SAMS as a registered user to apply for awards. Once you are logged in, you can apply using the online application by selecting “Apply for Award” from the “Other Actions” box in the top right corner of each award page.
Students are strongly encouraged to apply using the online application in SAMS. However, paper applications are available on the SAFA website.
Check out the main web-site for the Garth Garver Memorial Award to get more info on the award, click: Here
If you are dropping off or sending correspondence by courier (e.g. FedEx, UPS), please address your items to:
University of Regina
Administration Humanities 108
3737 Wascana Parkway
Regina SK S4S 0A2
University of Regina Student Awards and Financial Aid:
Phone (Toll-free): 1-800-644-4756
Phone (In Regina): 306-585-4591
SAFA Website: https://www.uregina.ca/safa/index.html
All information was gathered through the SAMS portal through the guest login.
Other University of Regina scholarships:
- 35 Lions Club of Regina Scholarship
- Against the Odds: Faculty of Nursing Deans Award
- Barbara Byers Bursary in Social Work
- David Ryson Accessibility and Inclusion Award
- Dr. Douglas and Patricia Vandenberghe Scholarship
- FCC Student Ambassador Award
- Garth Edward Usick Memorial Bursary
- Jim & Elizabeth Ottley Award
- SaskPower Award in Business Administration
- SaskPower Award in Chemistry
- SaskPower Award in Electronic Systems Engineering
- SaskPower Award in Environmental Systems Engineering
- SaskPower Award in Industrial Systems Engineering
- Timmons Mason Endowment
- University of Regina Celebration Award
Last updated: May 13th, 2019