The Dr. Douglas and Patricia Vandenberghe Scholarship is a non-renewable award presented to a disabled student continuing an undergraduate degree at the University of Regina.
Number Available: 1
Deadline: October 1st, 2019 [2020-2021 information currently unavailable]
Yet if the trend continues like it has for the past few years, The deadline for the 2020-2021 school year should be October 1st 2020.
A massive thank you to the university to giving us access to (Dr. Douglas and Patricia Vandenberghe).
The scholarship will be awarded to a University of Regina undergraduate student who meets the following criteria:
- Pursuing a degree in any area of study
- Registered in the Centre for Student Accessibility with a permanent disability
- Registered and remains registered in a minimum of 9 credit hours in the semester the scholarship is awarded
- Successfully completed a minimum of 53 credit hours
- Has achieved a minimum undergraduate grade point average (UGPA) of 70%
Some things that you may want to know:
- Applicants must submit an essay (up to 500 words) that provides explanation as to what the funds will be used for and the impact to their education.
- Since this is not a financial consideration award you don’t need to give any financial information to apply for this award
- You need to be a resident of Canada to be applicable for this award
- You can be a part-time student or full time along as you like mentioned before you have 9 credit hours in that semester
- It doesn’t matter if you are male or female this award welcomes all
- It doesn’t matter if you are Indigenous, Single parent, Mature Student, Athletics and or Traveling student
How to Apply
You must log into SAMS as a registered user to apply for awards. Once you are logged in, you can apply using the online application by selecting “Apply for Award” from the “Other Actions” box in the top right corner of each award page.
Students are strongly encouraged to apply using the online application in SAMS. However, paper applications are available on the SAFA website.
We ask you to check out the main web-site to get more information on this award and to see if there has been any-changes to this award. If you want to apply to this award click: Here, If you want to see the main web-page please click: Here, you can log in as a guest to see the page but you need to be a student or have a log in to apply to it.
If you are dropping off or sending correspondence by courier (e.g. FedEx, UPS), please address your items to:
University of Regina
Administration Humanities 108
3737 Wascana Parkway
Regina SK S4S 0A2
University of Regina Student Awards and Financial Aid:
Phone (Toll-free): 1-800-644-4756
Phone (In Regina): 306-585-4591
SAFA Website: https://www.uregina.ca/safa/index.html
All information was gathered through the SAMS portal through the guest login.
Other University of Regina scholarships:
- 35 Lions Club of Regina Scholarship
- Against the Odds: Faculty of Nursing Deans Award
- Barbara Byers Bursary in Social Work
- David Ryson Accessibility and Inclusion Award
- FCC Student Ambassador Award
- Garth Edward Usick Memorial Bursary
- Garth Garver Memorial Award
- Jim & Elizabeth Ottley Award
- SaskPower Award in Business Administration
- SaskPower Award in Chemistry
- SaskPower Award in Electronic Systems Engineering
- SaskPower Award in Environmental Systems Engineering
- SaskPower Award in Industrial Systems Engineering
- Timmons Mason Endowment
- University of Regina Celebration Award