The David Pouliot Scholarship Program is available to students in Quebec who are members of CHSQ and living with a bleeding disorder.
Amount: total amount available is $3000
Number available: several
Deadline: August 15th, 2022
The David Pouliot Scholarship Program is offered by the Canadian Hemophilia Society – Quebec Chapter/Société canadienne de l’hémophilie – Section Québec (CHSQ/SCHQ).
In memory of David Pouliot and with the contribution of the Canadian Hemophilia Society’s pharmaceutical partners, the CHSQ offers every year a scholarship program for its members living with a bleeding disorder. David joined the CHSQ as a committee member, including the Youth Committee, in 1999, which he set up and lead for nearly 15 years. He sat on the Board of Directors from March 2005, then on the Executive Committee when he became secretary in 2007, and vice-president in 2008 until he passed away in 2014.
David Pouliot was a volunteer with exceptional talents, maturity, kindness and a great soul. He had a bachelor’s degree in mathematics and studies were very important to him. The CHSQ scholarship program bears his name since the fall of 2014 in his honor.
The scholarship program goals are to encourage youth with a bleeding disorder to:
- Pursue college, university or vocational studies
- Go back to school or take a professional development course
There are two scholarship categories:
- Academic scholarship – intended for CHSQ members who are full-time students during the 2022-2023 academic year, at the college or university level, or enrolled in a professional education institution
- Incentive scholarship – intended for CHSQ members who will be returning to full-time studies during the 2022-2023 academic year for professional development or career reorientation
The candidate must:
- Be a person living with a bleeding disorder
- Be a CHSQ member
- Be enrolled in a recognized institution at the college or university level, or in a professional education institution for the 2022-2023 academic year
- Have not previously obtained more than THREE scholarships from this program
- Be a Canadian citizen and have resided in Quebec for 6 months
How to Apply
- Fill out the form on the David Pouliot Scholarship Program webpage and submit it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proof of full-time school attendance will be required for all successful applicants
Documentation is required. The application form includes a checklist of all required documents and references required.
All applicants must submit
- The completed application form
- ID photo (high resolution)
- Updated resume
- One letter of recommendation, no more than two years old, written by a teacher
- A letter from the treating physician or a representative of the medical profession confirming that the applicant’s health condition meets the eligibility criteria
- Letter of Motivation, answering the questions listed on the application form for your scholarship category
- Choice of committee or activity for your CHSQ involvement
Documents and references for the academic scholarship include:
- proof of enrollment in an institution
- an official transcript from the last completed school year
Documents and references required for the incentive scholarship include:
- Proof of enrollment in an institution or developmental course
For candidates born outside Quebec or Canada, proof of residence in Quebec AND of Canadian citizenship is also required.
Documents must be sent to: Société canadienne de l’hémophilie – Section Québec, Programme de bourses d’études David-Pouliot, 3000 Omer-Lavallée, suite 118, Montréal (Québec) H1Y 3R8 or to email@example.com
Source: the David Pouliot Scholarship Program webpage
Last updated: 2022-08-02