The House of Commons Standing Committee on Human Resources, Skills and Social Development and the Status of Persons with Disabilities (the Committee) is inviting Canadians with disabilities to apply for the 2018 Centennial Flame Research Award.
The Committee grants the Centennial Flame Research Award each year to a Canadian with a disability to enable them to conduct research and prepare a report on the contributions of one or more persons with disabilities to the public life of Canada or the activities of Parliament. This award is presented in accordance with the Centennial Flame Research Award Act.
Funding for this award is collected from the Centennial Flame monument on Parliament Hill and from any monetary donations made to the Centennial Flame Research Award Fund.
Number Available: TBD
Deadline: June 30th, 2018
- Must be a person with a disability
- Must be a Canadian citizen
How to Apply
- You must submit a letter of presentation, in which you:
- Describe who you are and identify your disability;
- Indicate your work experience and/or your community involvements;
- Explain why you deserve the award; and
- Elaborate further on your proposed subject and your research methods (for example, you could address the ethical considerations that you took into account when conducting research on human subjects).
- You must also submit a letter of support for your application from a person of your choice, other than the subject of the research.
- Finally, you must submit proof of Canadian citizenship.
Please note that all required documents must be sent to the Clerk of the Committee by email to HUMA@parl.gc.ca or by mail to Committees and Legislative Services Directorate, Sixth Floor, 131 Queen Street, House of Commons, Ottawa, ON, K1A 0A6, and must be postmarked on or before Saturday, June 30th, 2018.
Committees and Legislative Services Directorate
131 Queen Street, Sixth Floor, House of Commons
Ottawa, ON, K1A 0A6