The Barney Danson Scholarship is a national scholarship available to blind or partially sighted students entering post-secondary education.
Number Available: 1
Deadline: June 27, 2022
CNIB post-secondary scholarships help support people who are blind or partially sighted in their educational journeys. If you are pursuing a post-secondary diploma, degree, skilled trades certificate or apprenticeship program, you are encouraged to apply.
This scholarship was created in honour of Barney Danson, partially sighted veteran, MP, cabinet minister, consul general, businessperson and philanthropist. The Barney Danson Scholarship honours students who have proven their dedication to success through academic, personal, and charitable endeavours in spite of sight loss.
To be considered eligible for a CNIB post-secondary scholarship, you must be:
- Blind or partially sighted (i.e. your visual acuity is 20/200 or less in both eyes after correction, and/or you have a visual field of 20 degrees or narrower)
- Pursuing a post-secondary diploma, degree, skilled trades certificate, apprenticeship program or equivalent
- A Canadian citizen, or have held landed immigrant status for one year prior to the date of application
- Highly motivated, independent and able to demonstrate a reasonable level of personal achievement
How to Apply
By submitting an application, you’re automatically considered for all CNIB Post-Secondary Scholarships.
Submit your completed application form, along with:
- Proof of secondary education completion (interim)
- At least two letters of references (1 academic and 1 community source)
- Letter of acceptance from an accredited post-secondary institution, college or university
- Transcript (interim)
- A short essay (two pages max) detailing how a CNIB scholarship will change what it means to be blind for you in your education
- List of other sources of funding
Successful recipients are chosen by CNIB’s scholarship selection committee. Please note that based on the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be notified.
For more information about CNIB’s scholarship program, please email email@example.com.
Source: CNIB Post-Secondary Scholarships
Last Updated: 2022-08-10