The Tom Pinder Education Scholarship is available to a Deaf or Hard of Hearing student who has resided in Alberta for at least one year.
Amount: up to $2000
Number Available: varies
Deadline: May 24th, 2019
Deaf & Hear Alberta is proud to announce the Tom Pinder Education Scholarship, named for a long-time generous supporter, Tom Pinder. This scholarship can be used for a broad range of educational pursuits with clear benefit to a Deaf or Hard of Hearing individual and the community as a whole.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- be Deaf or hard of hearing (with significant hearing loss) or use a cochlear implant;
- be 18 years of age or older;
- be a resident of Alberta for at least 1 year;
- demonstrate a need for financial support, as determined by referral from a qualified agency or successful application for financial support (provided by Deaf & Hear Alberta).
Eligible educational programs and courses:
- Alberta post-secondary or vocational institutions (tuition, tutoring, interpreting or captioning supports)
- Specialized post-secondary programs for Deaf and hard of hearing individuals located outside of Alberta; subject to eligibility review by Deaf & Hear Alberta
- Adult education courses and other training options (ASL instruction certification, tuition, interpreter training or upgrading); subject to eligibility review by Deaf & Hear Alberta
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to complete, sign and submit the application form (download here) and share their “story”, in 500 words or less, describing their situation, need for financial support, learning aspirations and the benefits to both themselves and their community.
Inquiries can be directed to Danielle Smith at email@example.com or at 403-284-6202.
- Charmaine Letourneau Scholarship
- CHHA National Scholarship Program
- CHHA Edmonton Academic Scholarship