The Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Association of Canada (SBHAC) Bursary is available to students who are registered members of SBHAC.
Number Available: Varies
Deadline: May 15th, 2019
- To encourage and support students with spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus to achieve independence in future education.
- To assist students in pursuing higher education at university or other post-secondary studies.
Open to Canadian citizens or landed immigrants who have spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus and must be a registered member in good standing of SBHAC. Membership must be in good standing for a minimum of one year prior to applying. Membership may be through a provincial association that is a member of SBHAC or the applicant may be a member directly to SBHAC. The applicant is to verify with their provincial association to confirm their membership with SBHAC.
The following associations are presently members of SBHAC – British Columbia; Northern Alberta; Southern Alberta; South Saskatchewan; Saskatchewan North; Manitoba; Nova Scotia; and Prince Edward Island.
Students are eligible to receive an award one time only.
How to Apply
Applications available here.
Documents needed with application:
- A Letter of acceptance from the post-secondary school. An academic transcript will be sufficient if returning to the same post-secondary school.
- A resume that includes the following:
- a listing in chronological order the educational institutes you attended;
- your hobbies and special interests;
- your employment history;
- your volunteer activities.
- A letter stating why you feel that you are deserving of this award. This is your chance to tell us about yourself.
- A letter of reference from principal or teacher, or community official, such as a minister, youth group leader, coach, volunteer supervisor or friend.
- A non-official transcript of marks from most recent year of study.
All requests for applications and correspondence regarding the SBHAC National Bursary Program should be directed to:
National Bursary Program
c/o Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Canada
472 – 167 Lombard Ave.
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0T6
If you would like more information concerning the National Bursary Program, please call 1-800-565-9488 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
See other scholarships for