The Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Association of Canada (SBHAC) Bursary is available to students who are registered members of SBHAC.
Amount: Varies Up to $1000
Number Available: Varies
Deadline: June 30, 2020
- To encourage and support students with spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus to achieve independence in future education.
- To assist students in pursuing higher education at university or other post-secondary studies.
Open to Canadian citizens or landed immigrants who have spina bifida and/or hydrocephalus and must be a registered member in good standing of SBHAC. Membership must be in good standing for a minimum of one year prior to applying. Membership may be through a provincial association that is a member of SBHAC or the applicant may be a member directly to SBHAC. The applicant is to verify with their provincial association to confirm their membership with SBHAC.
The following associations are presently members of SBHAC – British Columbia; Northern Alberta; Southern Alberta; South Saskatchewan; Saskatchewan North; Manitoba; Nova Scotia; and Prince Edward Island.
Students are eligible to receive an award one time only.
How to Apply
Applications available here.
Documents needed with application:
- A Letter of acceptance from the post-secondary school. An academic transcript will be sufficient if returning to the same post-secondary school.
- A non-official transcript of marks from most recent year of study.
A resume that includes the following:
your hobbies and special interests; a listing in chronological order the educational institutes you attended;your volunteer activities.your employment history;
- A letter of reference from principal or teacher, or community official, such as a minister, youth group leader, coach, volunteer supervisor or friend.
- A letter stating why you feel that you are deserving of this award. This is your chance to tell us about yourself.
All requests for applications and correspondence regarding the SBHAC National Bursary Program should be directed to:
National Bursary Program
c/o Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Canada
472 – 167 Lombard Ave.
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 0T6
If you would like more information concerning the National Bursary Program, please call 1-800-565-9488 or email email@example.com
See other scholarships for