The PAANS Scholarships for Students with Disabilities are available to students with disabilities who are permanent residents of Nova Scotia.
Amount: $1000-$2000 (see below)
Number Available: 18 (see below)
Deadline: April 26th, 2019
Nine scholarships in the amount of $1,500.00, five in the amount of $2,000.00, four in the amount of $1000.00 are anticipated to be available for the academic year beginning September 2019.
Purpose: to assist Nova Scotians with disabilities in their pursuit of their post-secondary education and training.
- Easter Seals
- IMP Group
- Casino Nova Scotia – Halifax
- Casino Nova Scotia – Sydney
- RBC Financial Group
- TD Bank Group
Administered by: Partnership for Access Awareness Nova Scotia (PAANS) (A committee of the Nova Scotia League for Equal Opportunities)
To be considered, scholarship applicants must:
- Be a person with a permanent disability. ‘Permanent Disability’ means a limitation that restricts the ability of a person to perform the activities necessary to participate in educational activities or in the labour force within the range considered normal. This limitation is expected to remain with the person for life;
- Be a permanent resident of Nova Scotia;
- Be entering or continuing studies, at the undergraduate level, in a Canadian post-secondary institution that is recognized by the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada; and
- Not be involved in the selection process or be a close family member of any scholarship selection committee member
The applications of candidates meeting the above considerations will be forwarded to the selection committee. Applications are evaluated on a number of factors including:
- Community involvement
- Extra-curricular activities
- Approach to overcoming barriers
- Academic performance
- Educational goals and direction
How to Apply
The application form can be found here.
All parts of the scholarship application form must be completed in full and all supporting documentation must be included. All required documentation must be received by MAIL, or EMAIL to the Partnership for Access Awareness – NS (for address, see below).
Submission of an application signifies an applicant’s agreement to comply with all stated conditions of the award program. This includes permission to include recipient’s name and/or image in press releases and promotional material, as well as permission to release contact information to reputable members of the press.
Application forms are available through the Nova Scotia League for Equal Opportunities website: www.nsleo.com or through your guidance counselor.
Partnership for Access Awareness Nova Scotia (PAANS)
C/o Nova Scotia League for Equal Opportunities
218 Club Road, Hatchet Lake NS B3T 1R2
We thank all applicants for your interest in the PAANS Scholarships, but only successful applicants will be notified of the selection results.
218 Club Road,
Hatchet Lake NS B3T 1R2