Number Available: 1
Deadline: May 31, 2020 The Kirby Rowe Scholarship is established in memory of William Kirby Rowe who provided outstanding and valued leadership throughout his career to advance access and inclusion for people with disabilities in Canada. One Kirby Rowe Scholarship of $1000 is available annually to a student with a spinal cord injury to pursue post-secondary education in fields related to management and leadership. Prior to submitting an application, candidates are asked to learn more about the illustrious career of Kirby Rowe by reading his short biography at: https://sci-can.ca/about-kirby-rowe.
Applicants must meet all of the following criterial to be eligible.
- The applicant must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant.
- The applicant must be attending, or will be attending, a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada.
- The applicant must have a spinal cord injury.
- The applicant must be pursuing an education in fields related to management and leadership.
- The applicant has provided a copy of his/her most recent two years of transcripts (unless the applicant has not been in school for the past five years).
How to Apply
Apply online here.
Two letters of reference are required, recognizing the applicant’s outstanding initiative, scholastic achievement and contributions to the community.
Applicants are required to submit a letter addressing the following items: Applicant personal history and leadership experience to date; career aspirations as a leader; identification of an inspirational leader, and as well, highlight the qualities of that leader the applicant aspires to develop.
520 Sutherland Drive,
Toronto, ON, Canada, M4G 3V9
Bill Adair, Executive Director
Related: The Copnick/Hiliard Scholarship and the Sun Life Financial Scholarship