The Nalini Perera Little Lotus Bud Master’s Scholarship is available to post-graduate students who are blind or partially sighted.
Number Available: 1
Deadline: June 15th, 2019
CNIB’s Master’s Scholarships encourage and support students who are blind or partially sighted to undertake studies at the post-graduate level. There are two Master’s Scholarship available: The CNIB Master’s Scholarship and the Nalini Perera Little Lotus Bud Master’s Scholarship.
Nalini Perera has obtained an Intermediate Certificate from the Royal Institute of British Architects, a BA in Architecture and Planning and a MA in International Relations from the University of Pennsylvania. She is a gold medalist in classical piano and performed concerts at the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. She was awarded paid internships to the Mayor’s Office in Manhattan and United Nations in New York. She had a 37-year career with the Canadian federal government which included international travel. In mid-career, she developed glaucoma that over time rendered her legally blind while she was in management. Her aim is to enable a student to pursue a Master’s degree at a Canadian university, and acquire knowledge, skills, technology and experiential learning through field research, and be able to transition to a paid internship, and thereby compete for full time employment.
In order to be considered, applicants must:
- Be blind or partially sighted (less than 20/70 corrected vision)
- Be a Canadian citizen (or landed immigrant, permanent resident, protected refugee for at least one year prior to the date of application).
- Have graduated from a university and be entering a post-graduate education program
- Be planning to study at a Canadian university, or a foreign university where a commitment to return to Canada is expressed
- Have achieved a high academic standing with demonstrated superior intellectual ability and judgment
Note: Preference will be given to those who will undertake theoretical and practical research at a Canadian university.
How to Apply
Each applicant must submit only one completed application form to be considered for one or both of the scholarships. Please mention in your application if you have received financial support from any other source.
Please note that we receive a very large number of applications and are unable to acknowledge receipt of individual submissions. Only successful candidates will be contacted to be notified of results.
If you have any questions, email Shampa Bose at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-486-2500, ext. 7622
Other CNIB scholarships:
- CNIB’s Master’s Scholarships
- Nalini Perera Little Lotus Bud Master’s Scholarship
- Bernice and Robert Gilbert Fund
- FJL Woodcock SAPA Scholarships
- CNIB’s General Scholarships
- Dr. John and Olive Pyper Scholarship
- Barney Danson Scholarship
- Joyce Family Foundation Bursary
- CNIB Sense Scholarship