The CNIB Master’s Scholarship is one of two scholarships available to blind or partially sighed students who have graduated from university and are entering a post-graduate education program.
Number Available: 1
Deadline: July 5th, 2020
CNIB’s Master’s Scholarships encourage and support students who are blind or partially sighted to undertake studies at the post-graduate level. There are two Master’s Scholarship available: The CNIB Master’s Scholarship and the Nalini Perera Little Lotus Bud Master’s Scholarship.
In order to be considered, applicants must:
- Be blind or partially sighted (less than 20/70 corrected vision)
- Be a Canadian citizen (or landed immigrant, permanent resident, protected refugee for at least one year prior to the date of application).
- Have graduated from a university and be entering a post-graduate education program
- Be planning to study at a Canadian university, or a foreign university where a commitment to return to Canada is expressed
- Have achieved a high academic standing with demonstrated superior intellectual ability and judgment
Note: Preference will be given to those who will undertake theoretical and practical research at a Canadian university.
How to Apply
Each applicant must submit only one completed application form to be considered for one or both of the scholarships. Please mention in your application if you have received financial support from any other source.
Please note that we receive a very large number of applications and are unable to acknowledge receipt of individual submissions. Only successful candidates will be contacted to be notified of results.
Apply online here.
If you have any questions, email Shampa Bose at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-486-2500, ext. 7622
Other CNIB scholarships
- Barney Danson Scholarship
- Bernice and Robert Gilbert Fund
- CNIB’s General Scholarships
- CNIB Sense Scholarship
- Dr. John and Olive Pyper Scholarship
- FJL Woodcock SAPA Scholarships
- Joyce Family Foundation Bursary
- Nalini Perera Little Lotus Bud Master’s Scholarship