The CHHA-Edmonton Academic Scholarship is available to residents of Alberta who have a documented hearing loss and are registered at a post-secondary institution in Northern Alberta.
Number Available: 1
Deadline: May 31st, 2020
- Student must have a documented hearing loss
- Student must be registered in a post-secondary institution located in Northern Alberta (Red Deer and north)
- Preference will be given to residents of the Province of Alberta2
- Program of study must be full-time1
1 Full Time Studies: As determined by your institution. If you are accessing Disability Support Services, you are required to meet their definition of full-time studies.
2 Residency Definition: A resident of Alberta is defined as a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident (Landed Immigrant) who has been continuously residing in the Province of Alberta, for at least one year immediately before the first day of classes. Leaving the province temporarily while on vacation, for short-term employment, or as a full-time student is allowed. (Taken from the University of Alberta Calendar, section 13.2 excluding Yukon and the Northwest Territories.)
How to Apply
Application form available here.
In your own words briefly describe what your career goals are and how this scholarship will help you to achieve these goals (approximately 500 words).
When applying for this award, please provide the following documentation:
- Completed application form
- Proof of acceptance into identified program of study
- e. letter of acceptance from your chosen post-secondary institution
- Proof of hearing loss, e.g. a recent audiogram from an audiology clinic
- Information of community involvement, preferably in the hard-of-hearing community
- e. certificate or letter of appreciation from an organization, etc. (if applicable)
- Proof of residency in Alberta
- e. copy of Alberta Health Care Card, Alberta Driver’s License, etc.
- A copy of your write-up on your career goals and benefit of scholarship
If you have any questions about this scholarship and/or application, please contact the CHHA –Edmonton Branch office:
9912 106 St NW, #52
Edmonton, AB T5K 1C5, Canada
Tel: (780) 428-6622
Fax: (780) 420-6661