Available to a University of Regina undergraduate student continuing a Bachelor’s Degree in social work.
Number Available: 1
Deadline: October 1st, 2018 [2019 information currently unavailable]
The Barbara Byers Bursary in Social Work is a non-renewable bursary presented to a University of Regina undergraduate student continuing a Bachelor’s Degree in social work.
The bursary will be presented to a University of Regina undergraduate student who meets the following criteria:
- Pursuing a Bachelor of Social Work degree
- Registered in Practicum II requirement in the semester the award is presented
- Minimum undergraduate grade point average (UGPA) of 70%
- Demonstrates financial need
Although not required, preference will be given to those who self-identify as women, Indigenous, persons of colour, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQI2S
How to Apply
You must log into SAMS as a registered user to apply for awards. Once you are logged in, you can apply using the online application by selecting “Apply for Award” from the “Other Actions” box in the top right corner of each award page.
Students are strongly encouraged to apply using the online application in SAMS. However, paper applications are available on the SAFA website.
An essay, describing how the bursary will assist the applicant with achieving personal and professional goals promoting diversity and equity, not to exceed 300 words, must accompany the application.
If you are dropping off or sending correspondence by courier (e.g. FedEx, UPS), please address your items to:
University of Regina
Administration Humanities 108
3737 Wascana Parkway
Regina SK S4S 0A2
University of Regina Student Awards and Financial Aid:
Phone (Toll-free): 1-800-644-4756
Phone (In Regina): 306-585-4591
SAFA Website: https://www.uregina.ca/safa/index.html
All information was gathered through the SAMS portal through the guest login.
Other University of Regina scholarships:
- 35 Lions Club of Regina Scholarship
- Against the Odds: Faculty of Nursing Deans Award
- David Ryson Accessibility and Inclusion Award
- Dr. Douglas and Patricia Vandenberghe Scholarship
- FCC Student Ambassador Award
- Garth Edward Usick Memorial Bursary
- Garth Garver Memorial Award
- Jim & Elizabeth Ottley Award
- SaskPower Award in Business Administration
- SaskPower Award in Chemistry
- SaskPower Award in Electronic Systems Engineering
- SaskPower Award in Environmental Systems Engineering
- SaskPower Award in Industrial Systems Engineering
- Timmons Mason Endowment
- University of Regina Celebration Award