In honour of Amy Farnell, long-time supporter and cherished friend, Autism Nova Scotia and the Craig Foundation are pleased to present the Amy Farnell Education Award(s) to eligible Nova Scotian students who identify as being on the autism spectrum, and who have been accepted into a full-time post-secondary program.
Each year, the Craig Foundation will contribute $25,000 to the award with each individual award valued at up to $3,000 a year. Each award is renewable for the regular duration of the chosen program, to a maximum of four years. To renew, the student must be in good academic standing and remain enrolled full-time.
Amount: Up to 300 renewable for up to four years
Deadline: April 12, 2021
Number available: Varies
To be considered for this award, applicants must:
- Be a resident of Nova Scotia.
- Identify as being on the autism spectrum.
- Have been accepted to, or currently enrolled in, any post-secondary institution.
- Be registered to a course load that qualifies them as a full-time student.
- Be more likely to pursue post-secondary education with this extra financial support.
How to Apply
The application form can be found here. This form outlines all the supporting documentation that is required to be sent in with the completed application.